Beatriz Gomez is director of operations and special projects for Univision Los Angeles’s two flagship stations: KMEX-TV Univision 34 and KFTR-TV UniMás 46.
In her role, Gomez oversees the daily studio operations, as well as the technical crew for KMEX-TV Univision 34’s local newscasts and local productions. She also serves as production liaison for the station’s affiliates, corporate, network and partners such as Fusion and El Rey.
In addition, she oversees the production of special projects such as the Mexican Independence Day Parade, election coverage, political debates and town halls.
She also serves as both production manager and executive producer of Univision’s network broadcast of the Tournament of Roses Parade and production manager on Univision’s production of Teleton USA, and she collaborates with the network on the production of the Latin Grammys.
Gomez has 17 years of experience in various aspects of television production, event management and special projects. She initiated her career in media at KMEX-TV Univision 34 as an intern in the marketing and promotions department; she soon earned a full-time employment opportunity as promotions coordinator and was later promoted to various levels of news, and later to special projects producer.
Gomez has been an active member of the Television Academy since 2004. She participated on the Academy’s Peer Group Executive Committee as a member or guest from 2006 to 2013, and she has served on the Los Angeles Emmy Awards Committee since 2006.
She recently won two Emmy Awards for her role as producer for the Fiestas Patrias special and Alcaldia 2013 (Los Angeles Mayoral debate).
Her other awards include:
• 2014 Bronze Telly Award for the Fiestas Patrias show, executive producer
• 2013 Bronze Telly Award for Desfile de las Rosas (Rose Parade), executive producer
• 2008 Golden Mike for the Tabasco Bajo el Agua series, producer
• 2007 Bronze Telly award for the Nuestros Angeles de Veracruz series, producer
• 2007 Gabriel Award for the Nuestros Angeles de Veracruz series, producer
• 2005 Edward R. Murrow Award for the Nuestros Angeles de las Americas series, producer
• 2003 Gabriel Award for the Las Mañanitas de la Virgen show, associate producer
Gomez has a B.S. in International Business Administration from California State Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo.