The application period for summer 2019 internships is now closed. You may still access your application (click here); however, no changes will be allowed.
Finalist notifications will be completed by March 22 via email. Be sure to check your spam folder regularly.
NEW THIS YEAR: The application process is now entirely online.
See How to Apply.
All Television Academy Foundation internships are located in the Los Angeles area. The Foundation reserves the right to refuse placement in any category at any time.
- Applicants must be qualified full-time students pursuing an associate, bachelor or graduate degree at a college or university within the United States. Students entering their final quarter or semester in 2019 without a full course load may also apply.
- Students who have completed, or will be completing college or graduate school prior to December 31, 2018 are not eligible.
- Students who are graduating between January 1, 2019 and August 31, 2019 are eligible to apply in certain categories only. (See category descriptions.) If you are a graduating undergraduate senior returning to graduate school in the Fall, you must provide a letter of acceptance upon notification of finalist status.
- Only one entry and one category per student.
- Students participating in specialized two-year or certificate programs should contact the Foundation to determine eligibility.
- Non-US citizens must provide an INS work authorization permit or CPT letter within 10 days after notification of internship selection in order to qualify as a Television Academy Foundation intern. For details, check with your college or university. In order to be paid, you must have a U.S. Social Security number prior to the start of your internship.
- All students selected for the internship positions will be subject to a background check prior to final placement.
- All positions are full-time, paid, for 8 weeks in Los Angeles.
- Most, but not all, internships start in mid-to-late June or early July. Once you are confirmed as an intern, you and your host will determine your exact start date. The Live Event Production, TV Directing and TV Scriptwriting categories usually start in late July to early August. All internships end eight weeks after the start date.
- The Television Academy Foundation pays approximately $4,500 to each intern, payments of which will be made every two weeks. Applicable payroll deductions are taken from payments.
- Interns are responsible for their own housing and living expenses. New for 2019 - a limited number of housing stipends will be available to assist with housing costs for students who can demonstrate a financial need. FINALISTS will be notified regarding the application process.
- Students are responsible for their own in-town transportation. Public transportation is available, however not all work locations will be convenient to public transport and it is not always timely or dependable in many parts of the city and surrounding areas.
- Airline ticket assistance may be available to individuals not bringing reliable transportation who live beyond a 200 mile radius from Los Angeles County.
Television Academy members will select finalists for each internship category during the month of February. All finalists will then be asked to submit a video interview in response to questions posed in the notice of final candidacy. Students selected for the internship positions will be notified mid-March into early April. Please note: Cinematography, TV Directing and TV Scriptwriting interns may not be notified until early June based on the host companies' production schedules.
Be sure to check your spam folder regularly.