The 2017 Emmys Golf Classic was the 18th annual celebrity golf tournament hosted by the Television Academy Foundation. The Emmys Golf Classic brings talent and industry leaders together to support the next generation of creative and executive talent in media and entertainment. As the charitable arm of the Television Academy, the Foundation has been opening doors of opportunity for aspiring television professionals from diverse backgrounds for nearly 60 years. Participation in the golf tournament supports the Foundation's key programs, including:
- The College Television Awards, hosted in 2017 by Anthony Anderson, recognizes excellence in student produced television.
- The Internship Program provides mentorship, training, and accelerated career development for more than 50 students annually. In 2017, 71% of the incoming interns were women and 45% were students of color.
- The Power of TV Program, the Foundation's public programming series that celebrates and harnesses the Power of Television to inspire social change.
- The Television Academy Foundation educates and inspires the next generation of television leaders, and preserves the oral histories of those who've made television history.
- Proceeds from the Golf Classic benefit our high-touch educational programming, which connects both students and faculty with leaders in the field, and provides dynamic opportunities for growth and innovation.
- Foundation programs build a pipeline of excellence, diversity and opportunity for the art, science and industry of television. We harness the power of television to transform lives and careers, and promote diversity and inclusion in the field.
Emmys Golf Classic Recap
Thank You to Our 2017 Sponsors!
To find out how you can get involved in a future Emmys Golf Classic, please contact
Karla Loor Kitchel
Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships & External Relations