Name: Bob Bronow
Peer Group: Sound
New or Returning Governor? New
Describe your day Job: I’m a re-recording mixer for television and films at Smart Post Sound.
Credits of which you are most proud:
- Genius: The creativity and talent of all the people involved with the production sets the bar very high and I like to push myself.
- The Wrecking Crew: An amazing story that needed to be told.
- Deadliest Catch: I started with the show on season one (2004) when we all called it “The Crab Show”. This year I’m mixing season 14.
Why did you want to be a Television Academy governor?: I love being part of the process. I’ve been on the sound PGEC (as much as the rules allow) for the past 14 years. I love the work that the Academy does and wanted to be a part of it.
What do you hope to accomplish as a governor?:
- Make sure that our peer group members get the recognition that they deserve.
- Stay on top of technologies that affect sound mixing so that the sound peer group can continue to evolve
- Promote awareness of the art and craft of sound mixing. Educate the public to what we do and why it matters.