November 6 - 10, 2017
CONNECTING THE CLASSROOM WITH THE TELEVISION INDUSTRY
Twenty-five professors from colleges and universities nationwide were selected by Television Academy members to be immersed into the entertainment industry for a week-long seminar to learn from the industry's top professionals. Travel and lodging are paid for by the Television Academy Foundation.
Article and photos from the 2017 Faculty Seminar
- Producers and Writers: How they function
- Directors: Learn the similarities and differences of working in different genres
- Development: Sources and development of ideas, network pitching
- Network/Cable Decision-Making: Program selection, scheduling, promotion, cancellation
- Digital Entertainment and New Media: Learn the newest information
- Out Visits: Behind-the-scenes, new technology
- Plus More!