The competition is now closed.
Nominees will be notified in March.
New this year, only one winning piece will be awarded in each category.
Rules and Eligibility
- Applicants must have been enrolled in an accredited college within the United States at the time of production and completion.
- Individuals credited as Producer(s), Director(s) and Writer(s) must be or have been students attending college at time of production and completion of piece. Faculty verification required.
- Submission must have been produced between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016.
- Much like the Emmy® Award for Outstanding Program, the Producer(s) on record is/are the only winner(s) in each category unless stated otherwise.
- Only the Producer, Executive Producer or Co-Producer of record may make a submission and must be credited as such in the credits of the submitted piece unless indicated otherwise within the category requirements. If your school does not allow students to make submissions, a festival coordinator or other faculty serving in a similar role are permitted to submit on behalf of the students.
- Any piece commissioned for commercial use may not be submitted.
Deadline and Entry Requirements
- All applicants must create a new account every year they submit. Previous year login information is not saved.
- The name of each piece must be listed uniformly throughout the entire submission process, i.e.This is My Entry must always be written as This is My Entry.
- Entry titles should not start with the word The. Instead, titles must always be written as Newspaper, The.
- Do not use quotations in titling submission piece.
- All PSAs/commercials/advertisements must be deleted from submission materials including school advertisements.
- Please do not submit any additional materials until asked to do so. Unsolicited materials will be discarded.
- If your entry is not in English, it must contain English subtitles. Failure to provide will result in disqualification.
- Incomplete, missing or inaccurate information will result in disqualification.
- All entries must include credits. Please see category details for specific requirements. No changes to credits allowed after submission.
- If at any time your personal information changes, it is your responsibility to update the Television Academy Foundation.
- The deadline to submit your piece(s) is 5pm PST January 31, 2017.
- As a part of the online application, a Faculty Advisor verification email will be generated and sent to certify the Producer(s), Director(s), Writer(s) and Composer(s) were students at the time of production and completion. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the Faculty Advisor responds to the email prior to the competition deadline.
- Winners will be determined by members of the Television Academy in accordance with procedures established by the Television Academy Foundation. All decisions are final.
- Should your piece be chosen as a Nominee, the Television Academy Foundation will request a 30 second promo of the submission. The Television Academy will have rights (per the Release for Exhibition Rights) to utilize this 30 second promo in conjunction with the College Television Awards Gala/Television Academy Foundation and all promotion/marketing efforts of such. Rights extend to use of the promo for video and/or still photography needs and includes the use of all logos/marks.
For any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org