The 39th College Television Awards competition has evolved and features redefined categories, new deadlines and an immersive industry experience in Los Angeles. College Television nominees and winners will become part of the Television Academy Foundation's alumni family and have the opportunity to participate in year-round networking opportunities and events.
- Eligible individuals must have been enrolled in an accredited college within the United States at the time of production and completion. Faculty verification is required.
- Eligible credits are Producer, Director and Writer, any of whom may make an entry. If a school does not allow students to make submissions, a festival coordinator or other faculty serving in a similar role is permitted to submit on behalf of the students.
- Eligible programming must have been produced between January 1, 2017 and July 31, 2018.
- Any piece commissioned for commercial use is ineligible.
- It is a general principle of this contest that a single achievement is limited to a single bid for a College Television Award. This principle requires that every entrant place his/her achievement in only one category. Please note that the sole exception to this rule allows a program entered in the regular categories of the CTA competition to additionally enter in the Loreen Arbus Focus on Disability category (providing it meets the criteria described in that category).
ONLINE ENTRY SUBMISSIONS: OPENS SEPTEMBER 6, 2018
ENTRY DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS OCTOBER 19, 2018.
- All applicants must create a new account for every year they submit.
- The title of each entry must be listed uniformly throughout the entire submission process, e.g., This is My Entry must always be written as This is My Entry.
- Entry titles should not start with the word The. Titles must always be written as Newspaper, The.
- Do not use quotations in title of entry.
- PSAs, Commercials and advertisements (including school advertisements) must be replaced with 3-5 seconds of black.
- Please do not submit any additional materials that are not specifically required for your entry.
- Entries made in a foreign language must include English subtitles. Foreign entries that do not include English subtitles will be disqualified.
- Entries that are incomplete, inaccurate or missing information will be disqualified.
- Credits must be included with each entry. There will be no changing of credits after an entry has been submitted.
- If at any time your personal information should change, it is your responsibility to notify CTASupport@televisionacademy.com.
- As a part of the online application, a Faculty Advisor verification email will be generated and sent to certify the Producer(s), Director(s) and Writer(s) were students at the time of production and completion. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the Faculty Advisor responds to the email prior to the competition deadline.
For entry questions, please email:
For video upload assistance, please email:
VIDEO CLIP RELEASE
Should your entry be chosen as a Nominee, the Television Academy Foundation will request a 30 second clip of the submission. The Television Academy Foundation will have the rights per the Release of Exhibition Rights to utilize the 30 second clip in conjunction with the Television Academy Foundation and all promotion/marketing efforts of such. Rights extended to use of the clip for video and/or still photography needs and includes the use of all logos/marks.
Nominees and Winners will be determined by the members of the Television Academy in accordance with procedures established by the Television Academy Foundation. All decisions are final.
* Subject to change