The Television Academy recognizes excellence among its peers with the Emmy award, culminating in the Primetime Emmy Awards telecast each fall. The Television Academy also produces several other awards shows and a variety of activities and events for its members throughout the year. These events are featured across the Academy's digital platforms and in its award-winning emmy magazine.
It is the Television Academy's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Television Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are seeking qualified candidates for Awards Coordinator, Social Media Intern and Managing Editor, emmy positions.
The Awards Coordinator reports to the Vice President, Primetime Emmy Awards.
Summary of Position
Provide general administrative assistance to the Awards Staff and the Awards process. Handle specific projects as assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Handle specific ballot preparation for Primetime Emmy Voting
- Assist in the logistical planning and implementing of the Primetime Telecast, Creative Arts and Engineering awards
- Assist in the planning of the Television Academy Honors awards
- Assist with the nominee RSVPs and ticket packaging for awards presentations
- Process member ticket requests for the awards presentation
- Assist with mailing out nomination certificates and the ordering of replacement certificates
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
- Equivalent to High School graduation
- Bachelors degree preferred (or equivalency in directly related experience)
- A minimum of 2-years office experience with a customer service focus and attention to detail
- Computer literate with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able and willing to work overtime as required or requested, especially during the months of August and September.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Television Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
Social Media Intern
We seek a talented Social Media Intern who loves TV and wants to tell the world about it - someone who is obsessed with social media and wants to learn how to shape and build a brand across these platforms.
Our social strategy drives reach and engagement to our website year-round, with a heavy push during the summer Emmy Awards season. You will get to work cross-functionally to leverage content on digital/social platforms. You’ll help engage our fan base and watch it grow to the climax of the awards broadcast!
Because the social media discipline encompasses writing, design, metrics, photography, filmmaking, and more, we are seeking interns with diverse backgrounds, interests, strengths, and academic focus.
PLEASE NOTE: The right candidate must be able to receive school credit for their work with us this summer (mid-June to Sept 30), as this is an unpaid position.
What you’ll learn:
How to sustain our branding and voice
- Honing a sense of good judgment and sound strategy
- Writing/designing content-focused posts that share:
- Emmy magazine content
- Content for/from our "Evenings with” events
- Existing/new social content series
Relationship-building with our online community
- Manage content and communities on our social platforms including engaging/moderating activity on posts as necessary to help protect the integrity of the brand
- Execute new initiatives on Tumblr and regularly reblog fan art
Developing your eye and instinct for engaging content
- Learn which elements determine what pieces of news make them engaging, compelling, and shareable
- Tap into your own TV fandom and excitement when researching news items for possible posts
How to track and learn from social media analytics
- Create simple, regular Hootsuite metrics reports for our Facebook and Twitter engagement
- Set up post boosts and analyze their results
- Excellent writing, proofreading, editorial, organization, time management, listening, and communication skills
- Self-motivation, with a collaborative/knowledge-seeking spirit
- Attention to detail
- Savviness and regular usage of key platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and basics of Hootsuite Pro
- Interest and some skill in design, photography, filmmaking
- Working knowledge and usage in secondary platforms tumblr, Pinterest, YouTube
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Final Cut/Adobe Premiere
Managing Editor, emmy
Reporting to the Senior Director, Membership Publications, the Managing Editor, emmy serves as a key contributor to, and liaison between, the editorial and publishing sides of emmy magazine; works closely with the editor in chief, editor, and creative director to maintain timely flow of information and content between editorial and production to ensure that all publications remain on schedule and are completed within established deadlines.
- Responsible for day-to-day production activities of emmy and other publications, as needed.
- Collaborates on annual editorial calendar.
- Participates in planning of annual production schedule.
- In conjunction with editor, establishes deadlines and enforces them to keep publications on schedule.
- Liaises with art director, photography editor, contributors, and advertising sales representative to maintain steady flow of information and content between the various stakeholders.
- Creates a pagination map of each issue and distributes to printer, advertising representative, and editorial staff for review and approval.
- Manages advertising traffic in conjunction with sales, marketing, and corporate relations staff.
- Liaises with printer throughout production process, as needed.
- Liaises with newsstand consultant regarding print orders.
- Liaises with U.S. Post Office and prepares and submits annual USPS statement of ownership.
- Assists with planning of editorial content and making assignments, as needed.
- As needed, liaises with publicity representatives to obtain cooperation of story subjects and other participants.
- Contributes articles and other copy, as needed.
- Assists with fact-checking and editing copy, as needed.
- Writes headlines, captions, credits, and other ancillary copy, as needed.
- In consultation with editor, delegates editing to contributing editors and reviews finished product.
- Liaises with art director and photography editor on photo shoots and layouts, as needed.
- Participates in evaluation of story pitches.
- Proposes story ideas in conjunction with editorial staff.
Performs other duties as requested or required.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in editing, publishing and production.
- Experience as managing editor or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer and office machine skills.
- Knowledge of, and proficient with, contemporary magazine production technologies.
- Excellent customer-service skills
- Team player with positive, proactive, problem-solving attitude
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
Qualified applicants please send resume with cover letter and salary requirement to: email@example.com