The Television Academy recognizes excellence among its peers with the Emmy award, culminating in the Primetime Emmy Awards telecast each fall. The Television Academy also produces several other awards shows and a variety of activities and events for its members throughout the year. These events are featured across the Academy's digital platforms and in its award-winning emmy magazine.
It is the Television Academy's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Television Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are seeking qualified candidates for three positions:
Manager/Senior Manager, Development and Stewardship, Television Academy Foundation
Summary of Position
The Manager/Senior Manager of Development and Stewardship reports to the Head of the Foundation's Development department, and works closely with all development staff to contribute strategies, leadership, and fundraising skills to advance the philanthropic investments of individual and corporate prospects and donors in Foundation programs.
The Manager/Senior Manager is a fundraising generalist with particular emphasis given to (1) the cultivation and solicitation of event-driven annual support from corporations and individuals, (2) the strategic management of the donor database, and (3) the development of new fundraising opportunities, including grants and new initiatives.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Execute year-round strategies to cultivate relationships and solicit corporate and individual contributions and sponsorships for all Foundation programs, including but not limited to educational and archival programs, professional conferences and seminars, and annual events including the Golf Tournament and College Television Awards gala.
- Develop and steward a portfolio of corporate and individual prospects at the $1,000 - $25,000 annual level through multiple gift vehicles, including event-based sponsorships and restricted giving.
- Prepare briefing materials for staff and volunteers, and conduct briefing meetings in preparation for solicitation calls.
- Act as primary liaison with sponsors for all events as assigned by supervisor; support relationships by managing regular communications throughout the year; ensure fulfillment and reporting for all sponsors.
- Strategic management of the Raiser's Edge database to ensure optimal utilization, including training and management of staff on gift recording and recognition, updating donor records, and tracking all communication relevant to stakeholder engagement. Responsible for maintaining data integrity and executing updates and major data imports.
- Manage new fundraising initiatives to ensure community engagement and revenue development through both sales and sponsorships.
- Responsible for researching, coordinating, and writing grant proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects, as well as accurate reporting for all confirmed grants.
- Collaborate with other departments, including Event Production, Marketing, Design, and Finance on sponsor and event needs.
- Provide high-level support to the Sr. Director, Strategic Partnerships and External Relations, as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Outstanding candidates will possess:
- Progressively responsible experience in donor cultivation and fundraising at a nonprofit organization.
- Advanced organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects effectively and exhibit grace and good judgment under pressure.
- Demonstrated record of securing significant donations and/or partnerships.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Excellent problem solving, writing and editing skills.
- Collaborative spirit and ability to mobilize volunteers, colleagues, and superiors towards shared goal.
- Ability to interact effectively with all level of Academy staff, Board representatives, sponsors and donors and represent the Television Academy and Foundation appropriately at all times.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and Raiser's Edge.
Final determination of classification (Manager or Senior Manager) will be based on level of experience.
Please send resumé w/salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO AGENCIES OR RECRUITMENT FIRMS PLEASE
Administrative Assistant, Television Academy Foundation
Reports to Executive Director
Summary of Position
The Administrative Assistant provides executive support to the Executive Director, and sometimes the Foundation Chairman, serving as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the office of the Executive Director. Serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and senior management team of both Foundation and Academy, and assures the smooth operation of Foundation office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director including managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; compiling documents for travel-related meetings; maintaining and updating database of contacts.
- Collect and consolidate information from staff for annual audit.
- Maintain and update financial, program and administrative dashboards.
- Prepare information sheet for BOG meetings on Foundation activities.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Executive Director, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Executive Director's office and internal Academy and Foundation departments; demonstrating ability to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the Executive Director to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Executive Director's ability to effectively lead the Foundation.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, sometimes with deadline pressures.
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the Executive Director's administrative liaison to the Foundation's Board of Directors as well as the Academy's Board of Governors.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all Board members.
- Adheres to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board and Board Committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
- Maintains spreadsheet of Board officers and directors terms and Board members' current contact information.
- Maintains current bylaws working with legal counsel on any administrative issues.
- Prepares minutes of all Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings.
Office Support, Communications, and Outreach
- Ensures that the Executive Director's bio is kept updated and responds to requests
- for materials regarding the Executive Director and the organization in general.
- Edits and completes drafts for written communications to external stakeholders.
- Handles confidential documents and legal documents appropriately and consults with legal counsel to obtain information as necessary on behalf of the Executive Director and/or Chairman.
- Assures that supplies and materials needed for the Foundation office are ordered, in supply, and well organized.
- Helps prepare agendas and materials for Foundation meetings and keeps office space in good order.
- Works with the Strategic Partnerships & Marketing team in coordinating the Executive Director's outreach activities.
- Follows up on contacts made by the Executive Director and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Edits all, and creates acknowledgement letters from the Executive Director to donors.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees and Boards of Directors.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to meet deadlines and perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of "customer service" and response.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong work tenure: five plus years of experience supporting executives
- Experience in the entertainment industry and specific knowledge about television preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), Prezi, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Social Media web platforms. Familiarity with relational database and donor management software a plus.
Please send resumé with cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com.
Development Assistant, Television Academy Foundation
Temp through Mid-November
Reports to Sr. Director, Strategic Partnerships & External Communications
Duties to be Performed
- Create and update decks to represent Emmy Golf Classic sponsorship opportunities, and personally solicit items for the Emmy Golf Classic gift bag.
- Track teams and players for Emmy Golf Classic, engaging with sponsors to ensure receipt of all relevant materials, letters of agreement, player names, etc.
- Ensure that donors and sponsors are receiving top-quality care and communication as well as timely execution of all sponsorship obligations.
- Support donor fulfillment for all Television Academy Foundation initiatives.
- Represent the Television Academy Foundation in a professional manner and serve responsibly as an on-site liaison for multiple Television Academy and Foundation events.
- Create attractive and informative sponsor reports that document the completion of contractual obligations using written, photographic and quantifiable data as available.
- Significant administrative responsibilities and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required
- BS/BA degree preferred.
- Superior ability to manage details and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Previous experience in fundraising and development, corporate partnerships and sponsorships, event planning, client management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Works well with various types of people in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment.
- Excellent time-management skills, highly organized, and self-motivated.
- Ability to take direction and/or work independently as well as keep supervisor and colleagues updated on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills.
- Knowledge of donor or client databases. Raiser's Edge experience a plus.
- Superior communication skills.
- Availability to work some nights and weekends as well as travel within the Los Angeles area to execute sponsor activations, events and programs.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Please send resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.